Each flood insurance product currently available on the market today is unique in its terms, definitions, methodology, structure and high-risk/low-risk zoning determinations. This has made it difficult for brokers to navigate the differences in available coverages. In addition, some homeowners don’t see the value in purchasing flood insurance altogether or having a mitigation plan in place.
In this panel discussion, brokers will discuss potential solutions to industry’s biggest challenges when it comes to flood risk and insurance and will share their perspectives on how carriers and brokers can effectively work together to deliver the best solutions.
- Practical consumer-friendly strategies for helping insurance brokers, internal staff and homeowners understand the differences between all products
- Addressing homeowners’ lack of awareness: How to convince clients to purchase flood insurance and have a risk mitigation plan in place
- Navigating differences in coverage and the impact of maps on coverage
- Challenging carriers’ current flood maps and models
- Risk management: How to avoid exposure to errors and omissions
Paul Cutbush - Senior Vice President, Catastrophe Management, Aon Benfield Analytics
Eileen Greene - Vice President and Partner, Hub International
Karen Ritchie - Vice President, Baird MacGregor Insurance Brokers
Brian Purcell - Insurance Broker/Owner, James Purcell Insurance Broker Ltd.